04 May 2007

13 more days




Trying to plan and take care of as much as I can this month. Insurance is a bummer to say the least. Just found out Blueshield is discontinuing new enrollments for their short-term coverage plans after June 30. So I mosey over to Blue Cross and they have something similar (6 mos. coverage for nearly $500 with a high deductible so I really won't use it - just pay to have it). It's hurting my head but I need to wrap that up next week.

Some fears paralyzed me last night about money. I started to worry about how I'd manage without a steady income and adjusting to earning less. Who knows but somewhere in my psyche I believe that when I get on the authentic path and find good work I will enjoy doing, I will be able to earn a nice living. I've read enough stories to know that provision moves in. I've recently decided that the best way to earn a better wage and keep a flexible schedule would be to temp for awhile. It's a great way to see all sorts of other businesses and companies with less commitment while I continue to explore and soul-search. I'd like to attempt freelance writing at some point too. I learned of an interesting new book by Ariel Gore called "How to become a famous writer before you're dead."

I'm just not comfortable not working at all because hey, let's face it, San Francisco isn't a cheap place to live. However, I look forward to getting creative and adding to our low-and-no budget things we can do. We're already pretty good at that.

No comments: