11 July 2007

Wednesday Musings


This afternoon we took a walk and it was BEAUTIFUL out. We saw lots of butterflies, squirrels, birds and ducks. In fact, I got shat on by something! It has been said to be good luck in some places.

This evening we rented "Why We Fight". Interesting documentary. Nothing we didn't already know but I did learn more about the 'business of war'. I learned the term 'Military-Industrial-Complex' (MIC) first spoken by Eisenhower. Defense is big business. Sadly, I believe the Empire America is to suffer the same fate of prior empires. YET, that doesn't mean it's time to get complacent and negative.

We can decide:
who and what we support
where we choose to spend our money
where we travel
to do good deeds and help others
to volunteer or serve in our local communities
to pick up a piece of trash
to drive less (if possible)
to think deeply and form our own conclusions
to challenge status quo
to re-evaluate our own beliefs and be sure if they still hold true

for a start! Each day is new and we have the priviledge to choose how we spend it. There is a good quote that says something like... "life is meant to be spent, not saved." So spend the day as wisely or whimsically as you want. I hope to do a little of both, mindfully.

No comments: