30 July 2007

Muni or Third World Country?

These fish can get around faster than we can in SF some days! I took Muni downtown to run one errand. On the way there, my train stopped at Church Street and made us all exit the train
because there was a problem, and we got on the train behind us. Not a big deal. When I tried to go home about 2:30, I caught my train at Embarcadero and made it all the way to Van Ness (4 stops). Then THIS train had a problem and went out of service!! This delay was about 30 minutes. Fortunately, I didn't have anywhere to be.
George has had some really bad delay experiences on Muni and has compared it to public transit in third world countries. I have not been to a third world country yet but when I do, I will already be familiar with unreliable transportation. Oy Gavalt.

No comments: