25 July 2007

Amused



Today my horoscope says: You're an easy laugh, and life keeps giving you hilarious scenarios. Writing about an interesting turn of events will help you expand creatively, mentally and, ultimately, financially.

I find this amusing, as yesterday I received a call from the former job again (I even said before I left last week, please don't call me for at least a month). Here's the amusing part, they asked if I would be able to work for 2 days of reception coverage!! I tell everyone I speak with regarding work, reception is not an option. I politely declined. Seriously, the only work I've been offered since I quit has been from my past 2 employers. Flattering yes, moving me anywhere forward, no. My intention is to decline these offers disguised as opportunities, in order to raise the bar, make room for new and improved career opportunities. So here I am writing about this as suggested!

Unfortunately the weather is foggy and cool again. Hard to motivate and luckily I don't have to do much this week anyway. I slept in till about 8am today, had a bowl of cereal, and coffee (thanks George), sorted through & deleted emails, a little blog reading and a quick glance over Craigslist jobs. Now it's 11am and I think I'll get ready for the gym soon. I am going to get back to my career workbook "Life's a bitch and then You Change Careers - 9 steps to get out of your funk & on to your future". Also, time to get busy on my writing for class, this week the assignment is about teaching a lesson (skill set, not big life lessons) and attaching a secret. I have no idea where to begin with this one, a lesson you are teaching and a secret you are holding. ??

I'm half way through my summer read, "Summer at Tiffany". It's an enjoyable memoir.

No comments: