29 January 2008

Field Trip

Today my department had another outing with the Producers, and went to a new restaurant called "LOCAL - Kitchen & Wine Merchant". Not everyone could make it so there was only about 9 of us. We had a nice wine tasting (2 whites and 3 reds) then we all made our own pizza! The Pizza Chef has worked in many good S.F. Restaurants and he was so nice and patient with us. He helped us stretch our wad of dough, then design our pizzas and cook them in a wood-burning oven.

This is what I put on my pizza: first I brushed on some olive oil with chopped garlic in it. Then added a light layer of tomato sauce. Mozzarella, mushrooms, fresh basil and tomato. Then when it was ready in like 5 minutes or less, I topped it with arugula and prosciutto.

Viola, tonight's dinner.

2 comments:

Alessandra Cave said...

You pizza looks amazing! Where is this place? Yum!

Anonymous said...

hi Alex! Nice to hear from you.
The restaurant is located at:
330 first street, (between folsom and harrison)
http://www.sf-local.com/
It's pretty nice too and they have wireless access.