25 January 2008

For the love of books and boboli


It's Friday. Looking forward to my favorite dinner of yummy boboli pizza and salad and vino rosso. George makes the BEST boboli pizza's.

It's also very rainy here. Looking forward to being warm and cozy at home later. So I already bought the book "Trail of Crumbs" mentioned earlier, (I'm used to reading many books at the same time, and yes, I'm well aware of my book addiction) which is written so beautifully, I'm on chapter 4. The chapters are short with some good stopping places / paragraph breaks. She includes recipes for the dishes mentioned at the end of each chapter. http://www.kimsunee.com/books.html

On the flip side Laurie's story (mentioned yesterday 'Crazy Aunt Purl') has a very different tone. Though I do not discount her pain of going through an unexpected divorce, she is pretty funny and down-to-earth. Her chapters are short too. I like short chapters. Aside from her four cats, as I find her book to be interesting and amusing. At the end of her book, she includes knitting recipes and color photos. http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/book/

Today I learned of Linda Joy Meyers, PhD., Author, Instructor/Coach, http://www.memoriesandmemoirs.com/ and she's all about memoir writing. She offers workshops and classes. I'd like to find a writing class or group to attend in person that is affordable and geographically desirable. I think the in-person interaction, energy, and support you get from a group is beneficial. I'll see what I can find out. I don't know if I have a 'memoir' in me yet... but I have my own montage of pieces and stories I am currently exploring in writing. It's just that I see these blogs and books and I think, "I want to do that too!" And why not try? The only difference I see is that they DO the writing and the work, I just THINK about it. ACTION is my answer. Many people self-publish and make their own little chapbooks, etc. Anything is possible with a CAN DO attitude, a little faith, and doing the work. This concludes today's pep talk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SO enjoy the way you right, Andrea!
I've been a big fan of yours for awhile and hopefully we can meet some time to talk more about your writing.

-suzi