24 January 2008

Writing and Knitting


(BOTH FROM GOOGLE IMAGES)

There is a blog I used to periodically read: http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/
Today one search lead to another and I happened upon her blog again. Lo and behold, she has a published book out now! She is a writer, and avid knitter in Los Angeles.

More and more blogs I read, I find these committed writers make their way into publishing articles and books.

Another one I found last year is Quinn Cummings. She's been writing a blog and now has a book deal. http://www.qcreport.blogspot.com/

Even though my blog is not well-known or popular, I enjoy it just for the sake of creating and sharing my writing, info, and photos. In fact, I don't usually have an audience in mind. That could be good or bad, I'm not sure. When I hear of these successes it motivates me to try...something, like writing more and sending out submissions for starters.

Not only am I now creating a new writing project for myself, I am toying with the idea of taking a knitting class again. I love knit scarves and hats and maybe it's worth another try.
*Does anyone know of a good beginner knitting class in SF?*
You know famous Anais Nin quote about the the blossom remaining too tight in the bud, well that's how I'm starting to feel. I really think I have some talent and desire to work with. Instead of birthing babies (not interested), I'd like to bring something I've written and created into the world one day. In fact, that's probably true for both of us as our own "family". George has already brought lots of Cin(E)-Poetry into the world, as well as his creative and unique short films (I bet film is not the correct word anymore. Like the word 'album' is now CD or mp3. But I'd still say "Oh, U2 has new album, if they did."). Cie la vie.

p.s. On the train this morning, a girl sitting next to me was drawing in a little moleskine sketchbook (i ALWAYS notice Moleskines). http://www.moleskineus.com/
At the top of the page I glanced and she had written, "Clean your head. Clear your mind." I've remembered that all day.

No comments: