11 June 2007

not a manic Monday

Clear blue skies and sunshine, what a great day to not have to work. It was breezy but warm in the sun.

I read a couple chapters of Anne Lamott's "Grace Eventually". Her essays are full of honesty and humor which I really enjoy. She is one of the few author's I read that makes me laugh out loud.
My new online writing class w/Sheila Bender begins today, I plan to get busy with her writing exercises and hopefully write some interesting pieces.

Yesterday at church, the message was about "through the chaos". The scripture that spoke to me was this passage in Mark 4, v. 39-40:
"He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace! Be Still!' Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm. Jesus said to them, 'Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?'"
Honestly, after all these years, this question is still relevant as ever. This sheep is a late bloomer.

After church, I went to http://www.secretgardenteahouse.net/
with some friends from church. It was my first time at a tea house, I enjoyed it. We had interesting conversations and delicious tea with little sandwiches and pastries. (I learned that a crumpet is basically an English muffin) There is a photo below from my cell phone.

p.s. Sending prayers for a successful surgery and recovery to my dear friend Shauna.

No comments: