
Today my former job called to see if I was available and interested in working for them to cover the Credit Manager's vacation. It requires some training now and during the three weeks she is out. I thought, "Why not?" I'm familiar with everything and everyone and it's some 'scrilla'. They are okay with a flexible schedule hours-wise, so that's good because I don't want to work 8-hour days. It's the first temp offer for work I've gotten and I can make more this way too.
It will only temporarily 'bogart my mellow' of not working. I signed up for a 10-week online writing class with Sheila Bender that starts next Monday to compensate and keep me happy.
Today I went to the gym at 11:45 till about 1:00. I like the luxury of working out at different times, mixing it up. The sun came out this afternoon and we took a little walk in the park. After, we had a late lunch at L'Avenida. I had my usual yummy vegetarian burrito on a wheat tortilla and we shared a Fat Tire beer, mmmm.
I have two days of freedom, then it's back to work for awhile, but on my terms and there is an end in sight this time. Then hopefully we still take our Tahoe trip end of July/beg. of August.


No comments:
Post a Comment