01 June 2007

Actively waiting


Being active helps a lot in this process. For example, going to work out in the morning is a good start. Having some people to call, or places to go, or even errands to run keeps you moving. I have three people working for me now, if you will. I like that they are looking for interesting jobs for me. It's just a matter of getting something lined up. I use the term "actively waiting" in times like these. Not just job-related, but whenever you are waiting for something to materialize in your life. It requires waiting but you can certainly do your part too.

I'm reading some good stories in Po Bronson's book "What should I do with my life?". There are some interesting stories. I found this insight on page 322. This is Po speaking, "In the nine hundred plus stories I heard in my research, almost nobody was struck with an epiphany. It was one of my biggest surprises. Most people had a slim notion or a slight urge that they slowly nurtured until it grew into a faint hope which barely stayed alive for years until it could mature into a vision. ... Don't doubt your desire because it comes to you as a whisper; don't think, "If it were really important to me, I'd feel clearer about this, less conflicted." My research didn't show that to be true. The things we really want to do are usually the ones that scare us the most."

So it's Friday. It doesn't carry the weight right now since every day has been my weekend this week!

(haiku on the spot):
soft petals sitting
delight in the sweet perfume
quietly lovely

No comments: