Woke up to rain
Got ready for work and ate my favorite cereal, Trader Joes Organic Morning Lite
Walked out with George and umbrella
Caught the train and got a seat today
Thought about how I need to get a start on this week 6 assignment before I get behind again.
I love lists and fragments and just didn’t know where to begin
I remembered from an earlier writing class, we made list of obsessions and I thought maybe I’d do that again because that is a good way to show you what takes precedence at this place and time.
Came into work at 8:30
Checked messages and email
Left at 9:00
Walked in the rain five blocks to catch the 1 California bus
Bus came quick, got on and opened my book
Read the forward and intro to “This I Believe- The Personal Philosophies of Remarkable Men and Women” short essays from a show on NPR.
At Steiner Street the bus lost power
A heavy set, older woman remarked, “This is what happens when they run everything by computers”, and made a few “I‘m in no mood for this” sighs.
We all got off this bus and hopped on the one behind it, the new driver maneuvered around stranded bus and took us to the intersection of California & Presidio where he announced this was his last stop.
I walked another two blocks to my appointment for a routine mammogram, which went fine despite the fact that they crush your boob between two plates then tell you to hold your breath while they take the digital x-ray. Yet, in this position I already couldn’t breathe!
I spent more time getting there than the actual appointment took.
20 minutes later I was across the street waiting to catch the bus back downtown.
I read a few of the essays in my new book. I like what Isabel Allende wrote following the untimely death of her daughter. Her greatest message was about GIVING. “Give, give, give - what is the point of having experience, knowledge, or talent if I don’t give it away? Of having stories if I don’t tell them to others? Of having wealth if I don’t share it?”
Got to my stop and walked five more blocks in the rain
Picked up a coffee at Starbucks
And was back to work by 10:30.


1 comment:
I love love love. Love the love, love the new banner and love the fact that you're keeping up with your writing! Happy Holidays!!! Let's meet up next year! ;)
Post a Comment