13 September 2007

A time to every season

(Art/Photo by Tara Leigh)

Over a year ago I bought this cute little set of collage supplies at the Saturday Market in Portland. I thought it might motivate my desire to jump on the art journaling bandwagon. It still sits on my bookshelf, untouched. Sometimes I look at the contents but I just don't understand why I get immobilized with things I really want to try?!
The first collage journal I ever saw was Sabrina Ward Harrison’s published journal Spilling Open. She used photographs, paint, all sorts of cut-outs, color, and words. Now there are all sorts of books and websites with creative use of collage & journaling. Similar techniques are also used in scrapbooking. There is also the digital factor, which would require a class in Photoshop for me to attempt.
Here’s another thing on my mind. I need to get a birthday card to send my mom and haven’t found anything good yet. "Why don’t you just make your own Andrea?"

There comes a point when it’s time to stop thinking and just do it, whatever that ‘it’ may be.

1 comment:

Alessandra Cave said...

Oh your journal looks great! I'm glad you're getting out of your head! Thanks for the inspiration :-)