
Yesterday I had a visit with a good friend over tea. We set some specific writing goals to work on during the Lent season. I am also currently taking an online writing course through writers dot com. The instructor is great and the focus is on consistent writing practice. The challenge for me is still to apply ‘chair glue’ and get the writing down, work on every practice assignment instead of just THINKING about writing. That may sound strange but it’s the truth. It comes down to the action once again. So I’m just thinking out loud on the page and reminding myself to stick with the practice every day because that is the only way my writing will improve. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE.
On a different note, I came across this book “Not Buying It, My Year without Shopping” by Judith Levine. She and her partner Paul decide to forego consumerism for a year. I love this idea because I find myself trying not to accumulate too much. I actually wrote about this back in January about clearing stuff out. But this concept deals with the flipside, not buying more non-essentials! This book chronicles her experiences for one whole year based on that decision.


No comments:
Post a Comment