We had a rainy Saturday and a sunny, brisk Sunday this weekend. I picked up Sasha Cagen's book "To Do List". Being a list-maker, I find it interesting and creative. I enjoyed an afternoon at Mr. Pinkwhistle salon having highlights applied, which turned out a nice caramel color. I also went shopping around Union Square for something to wear to a party next weekend, with no success.
At church it is the season where members share their experiences, thoughts, and beliefs about giving (financial pledges). It causes me to ponder about my desire to tithe, give, and serve along with my desire to spend! Balance is required. I've heard it said, by giving to our respective churches (and other charitable causes) we can send our money "ahead", meaning to send it on for use here of course, but with heavenly purpose. I have my spending and selfish weaknesses as confessed before, but I'd like to be more obedient about tithing and serving.
My faith life feels weak and it's so easy to become distracted by the cares of this world. I spent this afternoon at the Westfield Mall, still on my search for new clothes (to no avail). Even though I did not buy anything, as I tried on clothes in stores from H&M to Ann Taylor, I was choosing items that I thought had some style, some sass. Maybe we sometimes BUY into image, to re-create our own and wanting to change our look. This hairdo, that dress, those shoes, this bag, will create the new image. I have even bought a new journal in hopes of writing differently!
I find this curious.


No comments:
Post a Comment