19 October 2007

Friday Randomness

(Images from http://www.freeimages.co.uk/)

I joined (and paid) for this Free Write Fling for the month of October. Do you know how many I have actually done? Oh, two or three! I hate when I sign up for something, spend money, and my intention falls by the wayside. I wish I know why this is. Then I feel like I need to restrict myself from taking another class for awhile.

The eyeball picture reminded of my nephew. When he was a little guy, he used to call little rubber bouncing balls you get from a gumball machine 'eyeballs'.

I'm getting close to finishing the novel "the Mistress of Spices" by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Sometimes I forget who some of the characters are when they re-appear in later chapters but I am enjoying reading something different from my usual tendencies. It's a poetic and sort of a fantasy story, and cultural as the characters are from India.

It's a bit amusing when I see people wearing cut-off leggings, you know a little above the ankle. There's a girl in my office today wearing them with a black short ruffle skirt, black sweater and some low-heel pumps. I remember that from the 80's when we wore those with denim or other mini skirts. I also remember these mini dresses that were sort of t-shirt or sweatshirt-ish and we wore tights and metallic belts and shoes. If you really want to know, I also remember ruffle shirts, prarie skirts, beads, button earings and thick plastic bracelets, espadrilles, sweater dresses, wedge shoes, white pumps, penny-loafers , petal-pushers (pre-capri's)corduroy knickers, argyle, banana clips, the "Flashdance-off-one- shoulder" sweatshirts, and even with fringe! I know my long-time friend Dina must remember that too! Hah. I also remember various bikini's that were the style. These two-tone bikinis where the strings on top made a criss-cross on your back and I think tied on the bottoms somehow, not exactly sure on that one. Let's not even get into NEON! I have to stop somewhere!OMG, I'm seriously dating myself now but it's actually strange that these memories are over 20 years ago!

No comments: